This healthy oat bran muffin recipe is not only delicious, but it has so many benefits… it has lots of fiber, it’s low in fat and doesn’t contain a lot of sugar. Grab one of these along with some Greek yogurt in the morning for a healthy and delicious breakfast… easy, peasy!
This recipe is a two step process. I’m telling you this now so you won’t look at the ingredient list, gather your ingredients and think you can start making the muffins right away.
Before you do anything else, you will need to get 1 cup of raisins and cover them with water. Let water covered raisins sit for two or three hours, or you could leave it overnight.
The raisins will be nice and plump and you will use some of the water that has been sweetened by the raisins in the batter for the muffins.
After the raisins have set in water for a few hours you are ready to proceed with making your delicious, healthy oat bran muffins.
Healthy Oat Bran Muffin Ingredients
1 cup raisins covered with water and allowed to sit for several hours
1 1/2 cups oat bran
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
2 tsps baking powder
2 tsps baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chilled applesauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp raisin water
Oat Bran Muffin Baking Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Line or grease 12 muffin cups
3. Blend together oat bran, wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Add eggs, chilled applesauce, vegetable oil, and raisin water. Mix until well-blended.
4. Gently stir in raisins
5. Let batter stand for 10 minutes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.